One of my favorite fruit salads is this dairy free ambrosia. For those of you who do not know, ambrosia is a southern concoction of fruit, sour cream, coconut, nuts, and marshmallows. I replaced the sour cream with unsweetened coconut milk yogurt and blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries instead of mandarin oranges and pineapple. There are no marshmallows in this dairy free ambrosia, but don’t worry, you won’t even miss them.
I need to take a moment and brag on my son-in-law Patrick Ryan. He graciously photographed my dairy free ambrosia, giving me these amazing photos for this post. He is very talented and has started his own photography business called Patography yet he took time out of his busy schedule for his mother-in-law.
Okay, now back to my topic, which is this ambrosia salad. Along with my gluten free pumpkin pie this dairy free ambrosia will make a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving dinner. The hardest decision will be, should it be a side dish or a dessert?
- 6 ounce carton raspberries
- 6 ounce carton blackberries
- 6 ounce carton blueberries
- 1 and ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 and ½ teaspoon liquid stevia
- Wash berries and put in large bowl.
- Add chopped nuts and shredded coconut.
- In small bowl mix coconut milk yogurt and liquid stevia together.
- Pour over berries, nuts, and coconut and gently stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Chill for one hour and serve.
- Optional: Sprinkle shredded coconut and chopped nuts on top of ambrosia before serving.