Broccoli salad with bacon is a very popular salad bursting with flavor. In fact you can find many different versions of this recipe on the internet.
The other day I found this Whole 30 approved bacon by Penderson’s that does not have any sugar added. This was exciting because up until then all bacon had some type of sugar added whether cured or uncured. So of course I had to make something with it for dinner that evening and decided on this broccoli salad.
Along with the broccoli and bacon I added some red onion, raisins, and sunflower seeds and of course some homemade dressing. Yum. This broccoli salad tastes as good as I remembered.
- 1 broccoli crown - cut into small florets
- 3-4 slices cooked bacon - crumbled
- ¼ cup red onion minced
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 and ½ tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Grapeseed oil Vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 droppers full liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cut broccoli into small florets and mince red onion.
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- In small bowl mix vegenaise, apple cider vinegar, stevia, and salt.
- In large bowl mix broccoli, bacon, onion, raisins, and sunflower seeds together. Add dressing and mix.
- Can serve immediately or cool in refrigerator before serving.