The other week I ate lunch at Salata with a friend and they offered fresh mint as a choice for a salad topping. It was really good and gave me an idea for a refreshing lunch salad. And so this is how my chicken romaine mint salad was created.
I wanted a light refreshing salad for lunch that was quick and easy to throw together. You can use whatever produce you have on hand and tailor it to your preference. I used romaine lettuce, fresh mint leaves, sunflower sprouts, cucumber, and rotisserie chicken. Then I drizzled some olive oil over it and it was ready to enjoy.
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- ⅓ -1/2 cup sliced rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup cucumber - sliced and cut into fourths
- 1-2 sprigs fresh mint leaves - torn
- sunflower sprouts - or alfalfa sprouts
- olive oil
- Add torn romaine lettuce to individual salad bowl.
- Add cucumber, mint, and sprouts to lettuce.
- Add sliced rotisserie chicken on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Enjoy!