The other day I was in the mood for something light for dinner and this chicken spaghetti squash alfredo hit the spot. It’s a very simple meal and takes only 30-40 minutes to make. While the spaghetti squash is roasting in the oven sauté the thinly sliced chicken breasts in a little butter.
When they are done slice the chicken breasts and set aside. Heat the can of coconut milk with a little olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium/low heat. Bring to a simmer. Add garlic, oregano, and Romano cheese and simmer for about 8 minutes stirring often. Place spaghetti squash, sliced tomatoes, and chicken on large platter. Pour Alfredo sauce over it, sprinkle some Romano cheese on top and serve.
The spaghetti squash in this recipe is not intended as a replacement for pasta, so enjoy this mouthwatering dish with this in mind.
- 1 spaghetti squash - roasted
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 and ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
- 15 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup Romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter - cow or goat - devided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- paprika, ground thyme, and cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side down on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile season chicken breasts with paprika, thyme, and a little cayenne - a little goes a long way. Sauté the chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon butter for 1-2 minutes on each side. Let rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Heat the can of coconut milk with the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium/low heat. Bring to a simmer. Add garlic, oregano, and Romano cheese and simmer for about 8 minutes stirring often.
- When spaghetti squash is done scrape out the squash with a spoon and place on large platter. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, sliced into thin slices, on top of squash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced tomatoes and chicken. Then pour the Alfredo sauce evenly over the spaghetti squash.
- Top with shredded Romano cheese and serve.