It’s Christmas Eve and everyone is gathering with their families for the Holidays. Everyone is feverishly baking sweets and festive foods getting ready for a long weekend of family togetherness.
Trifles are very festive so I thought I would share this gluten free trifle with you today.
I used my chocolate cupcakes with raspberries and whipped cream and added my chocolate sauce which makes this trifle decadent. This gluten free trifle is quick and easy to make, especially if you whip up the cupcakes the day before.
I hope you enjoy this weekend with your families and have a very merry Christmas!
- 6 chocolate cupcakes
- 2 bags frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 batch chocolate syrup
- 16 ounce carton heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons xylitol
- Chocolate syrup:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Chocolate Syrup:
- In small bowl mix melted coconut oil, vanilla, liquid stevia, and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream and xylitol with mixer and set aside.
- Break three cupcakes into pieces and layer on the bottom of trifle bowl.
- Cover with a thawed bag of raspberries as the next layer. Drizzle half of the chocolate syrup on top of raspberries.
- Add a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.