This cinnamon spiced pecans recipe makes a great party dish to celebrate in the new year.
Most people like nuts…. especially candied spiced nuts. Which makes this recipe an awesome choice because it doesn’t add any sugar but still tastes sweet and spicy.
I added a pinch of salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little bite. But the cinnamon and xylitol is what makes them so yummy. Feel free to be creative and change things up a little in this recipe. Enjoy these last few days with friends and family. And have a Happy New Year.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- 1and ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk egg white and water in medium bowl. Add xylitol, cinnamon, sea salt, cayenne, and pecans. Stir until coated.
- Pour onto cookie sheet making sure it is spread out.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn pecans once during this time. They burn easily so adjust the amount of time or the temperature accordingly.
- Cool before serving.