Potato salad is a favorite side dish in the states, especially for hamburgers and barbeque brisket. It lends itself well for picnics also.
Rod loves mustard potato salad with pickle juice in the recipe. Which is how my mother makes it. Since I was making some this past weekend for our church picnic I decided to share my mom’s recipe with you.
I hope you like it as much as my family does. Enjoy!
- 10 gold potatoes - peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- ⅔ cup grapeseed oil Vegenaise
- ¼ cup mustard
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Boil potatoes in pot of salted water until break into when pierced with a fork. Drain water and cool to room temperature.
- Add onion, pickles, and mashed eggs. Then add Vegenaise, mustard, pickle juice, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Stir until well combined and serve.