Give your morning a boost with this crunchy cacao superfood cereal recipe.
The protein and fiber help keep you satisfied until lunch time. This cereal is also high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It is hard to find a nutritious cereal that is also delicious. So many have a lot of added sugar, unhealthy fats, or unrecognizable ingredients added in.
So I decided to make my own. You can add some liquid vanilla stevia or fresh fruit to add that extra pop of flavor if you like. If you try this superfood cereal recipe let me know what you think.
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ⅛ cup flaxseeds
- ⅛ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Topping choices:
- unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- liquid vanilla stevia
- fresh fruit
- In medium bowl pour in almonds, pecans, hemp seeds, and flaxseeds. Add pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, and cacao nibs and mix together.
- Pour ½ cup superfood mixture in cereal bowl.
- Cover with unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
- Add a little liquid vanilla stevia or fresh fruit to taste.
- Store unused cereal in air tight container.