Last week for my birthday I decided I wanted Wiener schnitzel, Petersilien Kartoffel, and dairy free blueberry ice cream. It was fun traipsing down memory lane thinking of all the wonderful food I had growing up in Austria.
One of my favorite memories is going to this little Italian ice cream stand in Vienna. My sisters and I loved it when friends from America would visit because we would take them for ice cream at the best Italian ice cream place in the world.
My favorite was blueberry ice cream so I decided to make some for my birthday. Now, nothing will compare to that Italian ice cream place but this dairy free blueberry ice cream recipe is very delicious and easy to make.
- 16 ounce bag frozen blueberries
- 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup powdered xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put xylitol in blender and blend on high until it turns into powdered sweetener.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into freezer safe container.
- Put in freezer for 4 hours stirring it every hour.