We celebrated my birthday this weekend with some delicious dairy free chocolate cheesecake parfait.
I had the day off from keeping my very sweet grandson and decided to create this new recipe. Although I love getting to spend every week with my adorable new grandson, it does not leave me much time to come up with new recipes. Thankfully this recipe turned out very well on the first attempt.
I hope you enjoy this light chocolate delight as much as we did.
- 8 ounces cream cheese - softened Snofrisk goat cream cheese
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons xylitol
- 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk - chilled overnight in refrigerator
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia
- ¼ teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 and ½ tablespoons finely shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- For Crust: Process all ingredients in food processor until the ingredients have a crumbly texture.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread crust mixture on parchment paper.
- Bake at 200 degrees for a few minutes; just until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- For Chocolate cheesecake:
- Scoop chilled coconut cream out of can into a large bowl. Discard the leftover coconut water.
- Add the liquid stevia, vanilla, and lemon peel. Beat on high with mixer until it turns into whipped cream. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, cocoa powder, and xylitol until creamy.
- Add to whipped coconut cream and beat until it is mixed well and is light and creamy.
- Layer the crumbled crust with the cheesecake mousse in 4 glasses. Optional: Top with Lily's chocolate chips (dairy free).
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.