As Thanksgiving approaches our thoughts turn to planning Thanksgiving dinner and the subsequent pies and desserts. that go along with it. This dairy free chocolate chiffon pie is one of the delicious pies that will grace our Thanksgiving table.
Although this pie is gluten, dairy, and sugar free it’s rich and creamy and oh so delicious. The filling is light and fluffy and made with sweetened condensed coconut milk, melted Lily’s chocolate chips, and coconut milk whipped cream.
Paired with a chocolate almond flour crust, this decadent dairy free chocolate chiffon pie will be the hit of your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons xylitol
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup xylitol
- 1 cup Lily's chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 13.5 can chilled full fat coconut milk
- Crust: In food processor pulse almond flour, cocoa, and xylitol 2-3 times combining the dry ingredients. Add chopped pecans. Add coconut oil one tablespoon at a time and pulse to combine.
- Coat pie pan with cooking spray. Spread crust in bottom of pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Filling: In saucepan bring 1 can coconut milk and xylitol to a boil. Whisk to keep the coconut milk from boiling over or burning. Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes whisking occasionally.
- Take off heat and add Lily's chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring slowly until melted and mixed with coconut milk. Set aside and let cool just long enough to cool off but not so long that it hardens..
- Scoop cream out of top of chilled can of coconut milk and beat with mixer into whipped cream. (Discard the coconut water from the can or save for another recipe.)
- Gently fold into cooled chocolate mixture and pour over chocolate crust in pie pan. Smooth out the top and chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.