Hearty and healthy, this hamburger stew is very easy to make. I love that it has lots of vegetables to go along with the hamburger meat and you only need one pot to fix it in.
First chop the onion, eggplant, and zucchini and slice the okra. Then sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic in a little olive oil for one minute. Add the eggplant, zucchini, and okra and cook for about 3 minutes. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir.
Add the browned hamburger meat and petite diced tomatoes and stir. Simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve with gluten free crackers or bread.
- 1 pound browned hamburger meat
- 1 pound okra
- 2 small zucchini
- ½ small eggplant
- ½ yellow onion
- 28 ounce + 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Chop the eggplant, zucchini, and onion into small chunks. Slice the okra.
- In a large skillet sauté the minced garlic and onion in olive oil for one minute. Add eggplant, zucchini, and okra and stir. Cooke for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir. Add browned hamburger meat and tomatoes and stir.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with gluten free crackers or bread.