This delicious gluten free chicken broccoli casserole recipe is one of my early creations when I first found out about my food allergies. It has remained one of my families favorites. In fact we had it for dinner last night and I realized that I had not shared it with you yet on my blog.
It is a very quick and easy meal to make with few ingredients. I used my tamari roasted chicken in this recipe but you can use any rotisserie chicken.
Frist cook the brown rice with gluten free chicken broth and a dab of coconut oil for 30 minutes. While it is cooking, cut the broccoli into small florets and shred the chicken. Add the chicken and the broccoli to the rice pot for the last five minutes of cooking. Stir and it is ready to serve.
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 crown broccoli
- 4 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1 and ½ cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In medium sauce pan bring brown rice, broth, and coconut oil to a boil. Turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While rice is cooking shred chicken and cut broccoli into small florets.
- When the rice has 5 minutes left to cook add the chicken and broccoli to the sauce pan, cover and cook the remaining 5 minutes.
- Stir, transfer to serving bowl and serve.