Fall season is upon us and we have actually had some cooler weather here in Houston. Naturally the first thing I think of for dinner is some type of soup. Since my daughter was a little under the weather I decided to make some hearty gluten free chicken vegetable soup.
First brown the chunks of chicken in a little olive oil. Then add the sliced potatoes, carrots, and celery. Add thyme, tarragon, salt, and gluten free chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add green beans and frozen peas and simmer for another 5 minutes until heated through. Serve with gluten free bread.
- 2 chicken breasts - cubed
- 4 small gold potatoes - cut into chunks
- 4 large carrots - sliced
- 4 celery stalks - sliced
- 14 ounce can green beans - drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 7 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- thyme, tarragon, sea salt
- In large soup pot brown chicken in olive oil.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and celery. Add gluten free chicken broth and season with thyme, tarragon, and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add green beans and frozen peas and simmer for another 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve with gluten free bread.