This year I decided to get adventurous and try my hand at gluten free cornbread dressing for Thanksgiving. It turned out to be pretty tasty so I’m sharing it with you today.
This year I am focusing on making smaller portions for people who will not have a huge gathering at their house. This recipe can easily be doubled though to accommodate bigger groups.
If you are wondering why the cornbread in the title is in parenthesis, it is because I used my corn-less cornbread in this recipe. Let me know if you try this gluten free cornbread dressing recipe… I hope you enjoy it as much as Rod and I did the other day for dinner.
- 3 cups crumbled gluten free cornbread - I used my corn-less cornbread
- 3 cups gluten free bread - toasted and cubed
- 2 stalks celery - finely chopped
- ½ small yellow onion - finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno - seeded and finely chopped
- 3 slices cooked bacon - crumbled
- 1 and ½ cups gluten free broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Mix crumbled cornbread, cubed bread, celery, onion, jalapeno, crumbled bacon, sage and salt together in large bowl.
- In small bowl beat eggs with broth.
- Pour over cornbread mixture and mix.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Pour dressing into baking dish and smooth out top with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until brown on top.