Although grain and sugar free, these gluten free pumpkin apple cupcakes are moist, light and fluffy and oh so delicious. The cream cheese frosting makes them even better.
My daughter Michaela was giving me all these wonderful pumpkin and apple ideas this last week. So this last weekend I whipped up these cupcakes for a potluck we had at church on Sunday. Amazingly the recipe turned out perfect on the first try.
I was planning on sharing these gluten free pumpkin apple cupcakes in October but I had several requests for my recipe so I am posting today instead. Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup xylitol - powdered with Nutribullet
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup unsweetened plain coconut milk yogurt
- 2-4 tablespoons butter (cow or goat)
- 4 ounces goat cream cheese (has cows cream in it)
- 1 cup xylitol - powdered with Nutribullet
- ½ vanilla bean cut into thirds
- For frosting: Powder one cup xylitol in blender - I used my Nutribullet. Pour into small bowl, stuff the three pieces of vanilla bean into the xylitol and set aside.
- For cupcakes: Powder ⅓ cup of xylitol in blender - I used my Nutribullet. Add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt then blend in blender until well mixed and there aren't any clumps (coconut flour sometimes sticks together). Set aside.
- In mixer beat eggs, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and coconut milk yogurt until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well until blended.
- Pour into paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-28 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- For frosting: Pull vanilla bean pieces out of xylitol.
- In mixer beat xylitol, butter, and cream cheese until smooth. Add a couple of tablespoons of butter in first and beat until smooth. Keeping adding a tablespoon until it reaches the consistency you like. If you like thicker frosting add less butter, if you prefer thinner add more butter.