I’ve enjoyed sharing these pumpkin recipes with you. My last pumpkin recipe is this delicious gluten free pumpkin pie. For many families pumpkin pie is a traditional Thanksgiving dessert. I saved this recipe for last so that it would be on everyone’s mind as Thanksgiving approaches.
I used my gluten free pie crust for this recipe. This gluten free pumpkin pie is also sugar and dairy free. It makes a great substitute for the traditional recipe for those who would like a little less sugar on Thanksgiving, but especially for those who have food allergies.
My Ladies Bible Class on Tuesday mornings has been very helpful in tasting and critiquing my recipes and loved this gluten free pumpkin pie. My friend, and my daughters mother-in-law, jokingly put an order in for Thanksgiving.
- 1 gluten free pie crust
- 1 and ¾ cup or 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 12 ounce can coconut cream
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup xylitol, powdered
- 1 and ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Prepare gluten free pie crust.
- Spray 9 and ½ inch pie pan and gently transfer crust to pan.
- In small bowl mix powdered xylitol, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and sea salt together.
- In large bowl beat eggs, then add pumpkin and dry ingredients and stir.
- Gradually add in coconut cream while stirring.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce temperature down to 350 degrees and bake for another 40-50 minutes. Check to see if it is done by inserting knife into center of pie. It should come out clean.
- Cool for 2 hours, then serve or refrigerate.