Texans love Louisiana style gluten free red beans and rice. Most people have their own special recipe that they use when they fix red beans and rice.
Some like to make it from scratch while others like to buy the boxed version from the store. But no matter which way you prefer all Texans love their red beans and rice.
I want to share my recipe with you today and hope you will consider trying it in place of your recipe sometime.
- 1 pound gluten free andouille sausage - sliced
- 3 cups gluten free broth - I used chicken broth
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 small red onion - diced small
- 1 red bell pepper - diced small
- 1 stalk celery - diced small
- 2 - 15 ounce cans red kidney beans - drained
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Bring broth and rice to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet cook andouille sausage over medium-high heat. Remove sausage and leave grease in skillet. Sauté garlic, onion, bell pepper, and celery in sausage grease until tender.
- Stir in kidney beans, Cajun seasoning, parsley and thyme.
- Reduce heat and let simmer while you cook the rice.
- Add rice and andouille sausage to skillet and gently stir. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.