My parents were visiting this weekend so I fixed this simple yet delicious gluten free sausage egg casserole for breakfast.
This casserole is almost a weekly dinner at our house. Not only do we love eating breakfast food for dinner but you can have a meal on the table in 15 minutes. You only need 5 simple ingredients plus a little salt and pepper for seasoning to make this dish. I usually use spicy sausage in this recipe and any type of greens I have in the fridge at the time. Here lately I’ve been using the greens from the daikon radishes out of our garden, but spinach, kale, or other greens work just as well.
You can also easily change out the goat cheese for any type of cheese you prefer. So get creative and enjoy the wonderful tastes of breakfast in this gluten free sausage egg casserole.
- 1 pound spicy sausage
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup chopped greens - spinach, kale, turnip, daikon etc.
- ½ cup minced bell pepper - red, yellow, orange, or green
- 4 ounces cheddar goat cheese - grated
- sea salt and pepper
- Chop greens and mince bell pepper. You can use any type of greens you have in your fridge and any color of bell pepper. In my picture I used the greens of the daikon radishes from our vegetable garden.
- Beat eggs in large bowl and season a little with salt and pepper. Add grated goat cheese, stir and set aside.
- In large skillet on medium-high heat cook sausage stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Add greens and bell pepper and cook stirring for one minute.
- Add egg and cheese mixture and gently pull across skillet with spatula once the eggs begin to set forming soft curds. Continue gently pulling, lifting and folding until no visible liquid egg remains but eggs are still moist. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.