What better way to spend movie night at home than eating gluten free spinach alfredo pizza. I love pizza but had to give it up several years ago because of my food allergies. The recipes I tried that didn’t use yeast were ok but didn’t taste like pizza crust.
So I was really excited when I found Sami’s Bakery pizza crust at American Health Food Store. The crust is already made. All you need to do is make the alfredo sauce, add the spinach, top with cheese and bake. It’s so easy and frees you up to spend time with your family.
Movie and pizza night was a regular and boisterous occurrence at our house while the girls were growing up. The girls always moaned and groaned when Rod picked the movie but we always enjoyed our time together. This past weekend Josha and Ryan came for a visit so I made gluten free spinach alfredo pizza for movie and pizza night and we let them pick the movie.
- 1 gluten free pizza crust - I used Sami's Bakery Millet & Flax Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoons goat butter
- ⅔ cup full fat coconut cream
- 1 and ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounce container of fresh baby spinach - about 6 cups
- 1 - 1 and ½ cups grated Manchego cheese
- Whisk goat butter, coconut cream, oregano, salt, and pepper over medium-high heat. Continue to whisk until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 2-3 minutes. Add Romano cheese and spinach and stir.
- Spray pizza pan with cooking spray. Place pizza crust on pizza pan and spread spinach alfredo mixture over crust.
- Cover with grated Manchego cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into 8 slices. Then serve.