Looking for something to brighten your morning? Then start your day with porridge at it’s best with warm and hearty grain free hot cereal.
Here lately I’ve been craving oatmeal. It used to be one of my favorite breakfasts. But grains and I don’t get along very well…for one they make me gain weight and I am trying to eat a little healthier.
I wanted a hot cereal that was full of flavor and satisfying with the familiar texture we all love. The chia seeds, flax seeds, and almonds make this grain free hot cereal a healthy quick breakfast high in fiber and protein.
Adding different toppings, such as sliced almonds, blueberry sauce, or sautéed cinnamon apples, makes this hot cereal incredibly versatile so be adventurous and come up with your own favorite toppings.
- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 dropper full liquid stevia
- Suggested Toppings:
- sautéed cinnamon apples, cinnamon, sliced almonds, blueberry sauce, fresh fruit, etc.
- Pour coconut milk in microwave safe bowl and heat for one minute.
- Use high speed blender to grind almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds until smooth or leave a few chunks if desired.
- Add ground almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds along with liquid stevia to heated coconut milk and stir.
- Let sit for two minutes.
- Add any toppings and enjoy.