June has brought hot weather to Houston and many people are grilling. So I thought I would share this grilled vegetable salad with you.
Whenever you are grilling out, whether it’s hamburgers, steak, chicken, or fish, just throw some vegetables on the grill too. Add a little dressing and some feta cheese if you like and your meal is ready.
I have been trying to branch out and use some vegetables that we don’t eat very often so I added baby bok choy to this salad. I also had a little goat feta cheese and some cherry tomatoes that needed to be eaten so I threw those in the salad too. The dressing is just a little olive oil and apple cider vinegar with some fresh chopped basil that I got out of our garden. This grilled vegetable salad can be served straight off the grill or cold.
- 2 baby bok choy
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 orange bell pepper - deseeded
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- multi colored cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil - divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- fresh chopped basil
- sea salt
- goat feta cheese or equivalent vegan or nut cheese
- Seed and stem the bell pepper. Slice it lengthwise into six pieces then cut into big chunks. Cut the baby bok choy, yellow squash and zucchini in half lengthwise. Then cut squash and zucchini into big chunks. Cut broccoli into florets.
- Brush both sides of vegetables with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and arrange them in a single layer on a grill plate.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and set aside. Chop fresh basil and set aside. In small bowl mix olive oil and apple cider vinegar together and set aside.
- Grill vegetables in batches cut side down, flipping them once, until slightly charred on each side - about 6-10 minutes. Some vegetables take longer than others so keep an eye on them.
- Put vegetables on platter, add cherry tomatoes and chopped basil. Then drizzle olive oil and apple cider vinegar over salad.
- Optional: Sprinkle some goat feta cheese or equivalent vegan or nut cheese on top .
- Can be served right off the grill or cold.