Homemade apple lemonade is tart and sweet all in one drink. Rod has wanted me to try sweetening our lemonade with apples for some time now but I’ve been busy.
First I went to see my mother-in-law who had hip replacement surgery. When I got back I had just a few days before my sweet grandson came to stay with his Noni for two weeks. Then I took my husband on a cruise for his birthday. Whew, I’m tired just talking about it and I’m sure that is more information than you wanted to know.
So anyways, I finally got around to experimenting with it a few days ago. The tart flavor of lemons is pleasantly balanced with the sweetness of the Fuji apples. This homemade apple lemonade makes a refreshing drink for those hot summer afternoons or anytime of the year.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice 3-4 large lemons
- 6 cups water
- 3-4 large Fuji apples
- Depending on how sweet you like your lemonade core and slice 3-4 large Fuji apples and peel 3-4 large lemons.
- Juice the apples and lemons in juicer.
- Pour into pitcher and add 6 cups of water and stir.
- Optional: To chill, refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.