These homemade gluten free burgers are just what you need for the 4th of July weekend. What better way to celebrate with friends and family than with an all-American favorite….hamburgers.
All you need to make these delicious burgers is hamburger meat, my sugar free barbeque sauce, minced garlic, and your favorite toppings like pickles, tomatoes, bacon, guacamole, etc. Nowadays I eat mine on a bed of lettuce but you can add a gluten free bun if you prefer.
Whether you choose to go the simple or gourmet route, these homemade gluten free burgers are so juicy and flavorful you’ll want to sink your teeth into them.
- 2 pounds hamburger meat
- ½ cup my sugar free barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Toppings of your choice:
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced or sautéed onions
- sliced avocado
- gluten free buns
- In large bowl mix hamburger meat, barbeque sauce and minced garlic together.
- Divide into eight equal parts and form into balls. Then gently flatten into patties.
- Grill hamburger patties over high heat 4-5 minutes until the juices start to collect on top of the burgers. Flip the burgers over and grill for another 3-4 minutes.
- Take them off the grill and let them sit for about 5 minutes before serving. (While waiting on the hamburgers throw some vegetables on the grill for a grilled vegetable salad to accompany your hamburgers.)
- Serve hamburgers on a bed of lettuce or gluten free buns. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!