Homemade sugar free Nutella … chocolate, hazelnut goodness. Yum! Who doesn’t love Nutella, that sugary, chocolatey hazelnut spread that is so addictive?
Nowadays with so many people being more health conscious you can find many recipes for a healthier version of this delicious spread online. You can find recipes from blanching and grinding the hazelnuts into nut butter yourself to using hazelnut butter bought from the store. Which is what I did.
Adding melted coconut oil to the hazelnut butter makes it easier to spread. I like my Nutella to be chocolatey…what can I say, I’m a chocoholic… so I add more cocoa powder than most recipes do. The liquid stevia sweetens it a little. Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding a little more or less of the stevia a little at a time. Now enjoy your homemade sugar free Nutella on a piece of gluten free bread, on gluten free pancakes, on some fruit like bananas or apples or just eat it by the spoonful.
- 16 ounce jar hazelnut butter
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup coconut oil - melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-3 teaspoons liquid stevia
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender. Depending on how sweet you want your Nutella add 2-3 teaspoons liquid stevia. It will have more of a dark chocolate hazelnut flavor with 2 teaspoons.
- Process until smooth.
- Store in glass jars for up to two weeks on kitchen counter.