Do you need that extra boost in the afternoon, a little pick me up? Then this lemonade green smoothie is for you. Bursting with flavor, you would never know this minty lemonade smoothie is full of greens.
I used to be one of those people who thought all green smoothies tasted like grass clippings. Although that is true with some, this smoothie tastes refreshingly tart and minty. The only resemblance to grass clippings is the green color.
So enjoy a lemonade green smoothie today for Saint Patrick’s day.
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 1 sprig peppermint or ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 small avocado - peeled and deseeded
- ¼ cup unsweetened goat kefir or coconut milk yogurt for Vegan and Paleo diet
- 1 cup filtered water
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- Put all ingredients into strong blender like a Nutribullet or Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glass and enjoy.
- Makes two smaller servings or one large serving.