Potato soup sounded really good the other day so I adapted my old recipe to make this delicious gluten free potato soup.
The soup is very easy to make. If you like to make it from scratch you can cube 2 pounds of golden potatoes. Or you can be lazy like me and use a 2 pound bag of frozen cubed hash browns…. I just make sure it does not have any dextrose or other sugar additives.
Sauté the green onions, add the rest of the ingredients, gently heat and top with green onions and bacon before serving.
- 2 pounds frozen cubed hash browns - thawed
- ½ cup butter (cow or goat) or ghee
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 6 cups unsweetened coconut milk or cream
- 1 cup shredded goat cheddar cheese
- parsley or bacon to garnish
- In soup pot sauté green onion in butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and thawed cubed hash browns and stir.
- Stir in goat cheese until melted. Heat gently so as not to scald.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, green onions, and/or bacon and serve.