This marjoram beef dish is one of my favorites from my childhood. There are many Austrian dishes I liked as a child, however “Majoramfleisch” was not only delicious but very easy to make.
I recently started cooking it in my slow-cooker which requires even less effort. Put cubed beef, water, salt, and marjoram in slow-cooker. Turn on low heat and cook for 8 hours. Add kefir a few minutes before ready to serve.
That’s it. So easy, dump it all in the slow-cooker before going to work, add the kefir when you get home dinner is ready.
- 2 pounds carne picada - or use beef stew meat cut into small chunks
- 4 teaspoons marjoram
- ½ cup plain goat kefir
- I like to use carne picada in this recipe because the beef is already cut into smaller pieces. If you cannot find it at your grocery store use beef stew meat instead. You will need to cut it into smaller chunks though.
- Put the meat into the slow-cooker and season with salt and marjoram.
- Add enough water to cover the meat and turn heat on low.
- Cook for 8 hours. Add kefir a few minutes before ready to serve.
- Serve over brown rice.