Light and delicious this Mediterranean vegetable spaghetti is bursting with Mediterranean flavors.
The sauce is made with fresh Campari tomatoes, a little olive oil, freshly crushed garlic cloves, and chopped fresh basil and simmered for 30 minutes to an hour to meld all the wonderful flavors.
Then add the sliced zucchini, chopped spinach, Kalamata olives and capers and let simmer another 5 minutes. Add in the cooked brown rice spaghetti noodles, stir, and dinner is served.
- 12 ounces brown rice spaghetti noodles
- 2 and ½ pounds Campari tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic - crushed
- 2 zucchini
- 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 bunch fresh basil - chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence - can substitute with Italian seasoning if you cannot find this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- In food processor pulse Campari tomatoes several times until liquefied.
- In large skillet sauté crushed garlic in olive oil for one minute. Then add the tomatoes, chopped basil, herb de provence and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook brown rice noodles al dente according to directions on box then drain.
- Cut ends off zucchini and cut lengthwise. Then cut into slices. Chop the baby spinach. Add to tomato sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Kalamata olives, capers, and noodles and stir.
- Serve hot.