Light, yet filling, this quinoa vegetable medley makes a great lunch bowl or side dish. With less than 10 ingredients this dish can be ready in 30 minutes and is very versatile. Just use whatever vegetables you have on hand…. purple or yellow onion, grape tomatoes, okra, asparagus, or broccoli to name a few.
In medium pot bring quinoa, broth, and homemade all purpose seasonings to a boil then simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes then fluff. Cut vegetables into chunks except for the grape tomatoes. In large skillet saute vegetables in a little olive oil for a couple of minutes and sprinkle a little seasoning over vegetables.
Do not overcook the vegetables…onions, okra, carrots, green beans, etc. will need to cook longer than broccoli, asparagus and tomatoes. So add those vegetables in a minute or two before the others are done. Add quinoa to the vegetables, mix together and enjoy some flavorful quinoa vegetable medley.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups broth
- 4 teaspoons my homemade all purpose seasoning - divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- okra - sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion - peeled and cut in chunks
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes
- You can rinse the quinoa if you want. In medium pot bring quinoa, broth, and 2 teaspoons of my homemade all purpose seasoning to a boil then cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes, then fluff.
- In large skillet saute onions and okra in olive oil for 3-4 minutes and sprinkle a little seasoning over vegetables (about 2 teaspoons). Add tomatoes and saute for one minute.
- The great thing about this recipe is you can use just about any vegetables you have on hand. Just remember to not overcook the vegetables...onions, okra, carrots, green beans, etc. will need to cook longer than broccoli, asparagus and tomatoes. So add those vegetables in, a minute or two before the others are done.
- Mix quinoa and vegetables together in serving bowl.
- Serve hot.