I love sautéed fish tacos, especially with tangy cabbage slaw.
So , what do you do when it floods and you’re stuck at home for several days? Make yummy fish tacos to munch on of course and experiment with new recipes. They’re just so good you forget while you’re eating them all about worrying over the rising water.
I used my gluten free flour tortillas but any tortillas will work. You can use my all purpose seasoning to season the fish or if you want a smoky flavor just sprinkle some smoked paprika on the them. Filled with tender sautéed fish, tangy cabbage slaw made with avocado vinaigrette, fresh cilantro, sliced avocados, and salsa these sautéed fish tacos are sure to please.
- 8 gluten free flour tortillas
- 1 pound fish taco mahi chunks - 8 pieces of fish.
- 1 pound shredded cabbage
- 1 large avocado or 2 small avocados - sliced
- Homemade all purpose seasoning
- fresh cilantro - chopped
- Avocado vinaigrette:
- 1 small avocado - deseeded and peeled
- 1 jalapeno - deseeded and deveined and cut into chunks
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Blend all ingredients for the vinaigrette in blender until smooth. I used my Nutri-bullet.
- In large bowl mix shredded cabbage and vinaigrette together. Set aside.
- Sprinkle my homemade all purpose seasoning on fish or you could use smoked paprika for a slight smoky flavor.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and sauté fish for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Stuff gluten free tortillas with fillings: cabbage slaw, fish, avocado, salsa, and fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!