Slow cooker pulled pork is an easy meal to make for large groups. I like to make it for church potlucks or for game night.
The recipe is very simple. Rub the meat with onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin. Then mix the apple cider vinegar, tamari sauce, garlic powder, mustard, cayenne pepper, and crushed red pepper together. Pour over meat and cook for 6-8 hours.
Take the meat out of the slow cooker and pour the juice into a container. Shred the meat with a fork and add a little juice if needed. Serve on gluten free bun with coleslaw. Enjoy!
- 6 pounds pork shoulder butt bone in
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 and ½ tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Cut roast in half or thirds to fit into slow cooker. Mix seasoning together for the rub. Then rub over meat. Place meat in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix apple cider vinegar, Tamari sauce, mustard, garlic, crushed red pepper, and cayenne together. Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast. Reserve some of the juice from cooking the meat, about 1-1 and ½ cups and skim fat off.
- Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker. Add a little juice as needed and heat through.
- Serve on gluten free buns.