The other day my daughter Josha was raving about blueberry lemonade.
I hadn’t made lemonade in a while so I decided to make some sugar free blueberry lemonade for dinner that evening. And Josha was right… it is really good.
Now everyone likes their lemonade made a certain way. Some like it really sweet while others like it tart. Personally I think lemonade should make your lips pucker. Thankfully Rod does too so my recipe is a little on the tart side but bursting with flavor. However it can easily be sweetened up a little if you prefer sweeter lemonade.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- Blend lemon juice, blueberries, stevia, xylitol and 1 cup water in blender until smooth.
- Place wire mesh strainer over pitcher and strain lemon blueberry mixture through it for pulp-free lemonade.
- Pour rest of water in pitcher and stir. Adjust sweetness to your liking by adding a little more stevia or xylitol. Add just a little at a time so you don't over sweeten it.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving or serve over ice.