The holiday season is almost upon us. Everyone is deciding which Thanksgiving recipes to make this year so I decided to share this sugar free cranberry sauce with you today.
This homemade cranberry sauce is sweetened with xylitol instead of refined sugar making it a healthier and tastier version of the classic sauce. The recipe calls for 1 cup of xylitol but you can reduce the sweetener if you like a more tart cranberry sauce. Start out with 1/2 cup and add more a little at a time until you achieve the sweetness you are looking for.
With only three ingredients, this sugar free cranberry sauce is very easy to make and adds a delicious, festive touch to your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 12 ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup xylitol
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple cider or juice
- Wash cranberries and dump into saucepan.
- Add xylitol and apple cider and stir.
- Bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cranberries burst and juice thickens.
- Let cool before storing in airtight container in refrigerator.