Homemade fresh squeezed lemonade…. who doesn’t love it? But sugar free lemonade? Who would drink that?
Well, we did when I made a pitcher of sugar free mint lemonade one day after my daughter came home from eating lunch at some frou frou restaurant downtown with her friends raving about their mint lemonade. I was getting tired of drinking only water and decided to experiment and lo and behold we all fell in love with it. It’s tart and sweet with a mint flavor and is so refreshing on a hot summer day.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 7 cups filtered water
- 1- 1½ teaspoons liquid stevia
- 1-2 sprigs fresh mint or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Squeeze juice out of about six lemons and pour into 2-quart pitcher.
- Add liquid stevia and filtered water. Stir.
- Add mint leaves and chill in refrigerator for 8 hours or if you can add the peppermint extract instead and stir..