These past couple of days we have been enjoying a little cooler weather here in Houston. And since we are in the middle of pumpkin season I decided to start my day off with a lovely sugar free pumpkin spice latte.
As I sit on my new couch with my cat curled up next to me enjoying my latte, I reflect back on this last year and all the blessings God has bestowed on me. I am so thankful Rod and I get to spend this Thanksgiving once again with my family. I just wish my daughter Michaela could be here too.
Many blessings on all of you as you spend this Thanksgiving with friends and family. I hope you can take time to relax for a little and count your blessings while enjoying a sugar free pumpkin latte.
- 1 cup pumpkin spice coffee
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons xylitol
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- Whipped cream:
- 14 ounce can full fat coconut milk chilled overnight
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- Stir pumpkin puree, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and xylitol in saucepan on high heat for about 1 minute. Add coconut milk and vanilla and stir until combined and coconut milk is almost boiling.
- Take off heat and beat milk with an immersion blender until frothy. Add pumpkin spice coffee and beat again until frothy. Pour into two coffee cups.
- Scoop coconut cream out of chilled can and discard coconut water or save for another recipe.
- Beat coconut cream and tablespoon of xylitol with mixer until it turns into whipped cream.
- Spoon some on top of latte, sprinkle some cinnamon on top and serve.