This last week as we hunkered down in Houston for days with hurricane Harvey beating down on us I had the pleasure of cooking with a dear friend. They graciously invited us to wait out the storm with them where we would be high and dry. One evening we made this delicious Texas style beef ribs recipe.
We kept it very simple: First place the boneless ribs in a baking dish and add a little water. Season the meat with salt, cardamom, and smoked paprika. Then cover with foil and bake at 225 degrees for 6 hours. Lastly, serve with roasted potatoes and vegetables.
It’s that easy. We had limited supplies of herbs, seasonings, and other items so we got creative with what we had available. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
- 2½ pounds boneless Texas style beef ribs
- a little water
- sea salt
- smoked paprika
- Place boneless Texas style beef ribs in baking dish. Add a little water to the bottom of dish to help keep the meat moist.
- Season to taste with sea salt, cardamom, and smoked paprika.
- Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake at 225 degrees for about 6 hours or until meat is cooked. Don't overcook or the meat will be too dry.
- Serve with barbeque sauce.