Cold weather, snow flurries, cold foggy mornings….ahhh soup season is finally here. Well, here in Houston we’ve only had a couple of cooler days. But when you need some soup for the soul this delicious wild rice beef stew hits the spot.
It’s quick and easy to throw together. Brown your stew meat in your soup pot. Add some rosemary, marjoram, sea salt, and broth and simmer for 30 minutes. Cook your wild rice then add to the meat and heat through. Add the kale and stir. Serve with gluten free bread or crackers.
- 1 pound stew meat
- 6 cups gluten free broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown and wild rice
- 5-6 cups kale - destemmed and torn into smaller pieces
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- olive oil
- Cut stew meat into small chunks. Brown meat in soup pot ibn a little oil. Add rosemary, marjoram and sea salt and stir.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook brown and wild rice according to directions on package. When done, add to soup pot.
- Add kale right before serving.
- Serve with gluten free bread or crackers.