One of my favorite candy is Ferrero Rocher. I love the combination of chocolate and hazelnut so I created these sugar free chocolate hazelnut truffles.
They are very easy to make. First make my chocolate truffle recipe and put it in the refrigerator for an hour to chill. Take a little bit of truffle mixture in your hand and flatten it out. Wrap it around a whole hazelnut.
Roll it between both hands to form a ball. Then roll it in a bowl of finely chopped hazelnuts to coat. These amazing hazelnut truffles make a great finger food dessert to serve at that new years party you’ve been planning.
- 14 ounce can full fall coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons xylitol
- 3 cups Lily's chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup whole hazelnuts
- 1 and ¼ cups finely chopped hazelnuts
- In small pan bring coconut milk to a boil. Whisk to keep the coconut milk from boiling over or burning.
- Add xylitol, turn heat to low, and whisk until xylitol is dissolved. Simmer for 30 minutes whisking occasionally.
- Take off heat and add chocolate chips, stirring slowly until melted and mixed with coconut milk. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Take a little into your palm and flatten it out. Wrap around a whole hazelnut. Roll between both palms to shape into a ball.
- Roll in finely chopped hazelnuts to coat.
- Will keep refrigerated for one week.